Skip to content
Tuesday, April 25th
- Work Day. Bring your Laptops.
Thursday, April 27th
- Thursday: Privacy Experiments Discussion. Lessons Learned (No Homework other than projects).
Tuesday, April 18th
- No Class. The University if following a Monday class schedule. So Tuesday is a Monday.
Thursday, April 20th
- Come to class we will look more at the dark web.
Due this week:
- April 20th: Draft of your future privacy plan (400-600 words). See the assignment sheet for details.
Due the following week:
- April 27th: Mock Congressional Hearing Opening Statement (journalist initial articles). See assignment sheet.
Tuesday, April 11th
- Listen to:Codebreaker “Episode 3: The Dark Web is it Evil”
- Read: “The Dark Web: What it is, How it Works, and Why It’s not Going Away”
- Notes: Answer the following:
– Both the reading and podcast offer up positive and negatives of the Dark Web. What do you see as the biggest advantages of this? the largest disadvantages? What advantages and disadvantages can you imagine that aren’t covered in these two pieces.
– Given the complexity of this issue, what ought to be done? That is, are there any policy (law) fixes that we should implement? Legal efforts (law enforcement)? technical fixes?
Thursday, April 13th
- Mock Hearing and Privacy Plan Work Day
- Reminder: Your list of resources you are using to research your role is do this day.