Reminder by Tuesday send me your request for what roll you wanted in the mock congressional hearing. If you weren’t in class you probably want to find a friend and get their list of choices lest you get stuck with something you do not want.
Tuesday, April 4th
- The Private Eye Read all of the issues, 1-10. Read: Note it is two separate volumes. Volume 1 is issues 1-5. Volume 2 is issues 6-10. This is a pay what you want graphic novel. Be nice to the artist.
- Notes: Answer the following:
- Like most works of fiction we are meant to closely identify with the protagonist, the Private Eye, yet he is clearly more complicated than a simple hero figure. What do you make of the Private Eye, in what ways do you sympathize with him, in what ways do you not. Do you end up hoping he suceeds in the end, or do you hope that he fails?
- The novel is filled with many clever future projections, the press and the police being one, the wearing of masks, etc. Of these strange predictions which do you find the most interesting and thought provoking? what makes them stand out?
Thursday, April 6th
- In class work on Mock Congressional Hearing Final