Information. Materiality. 3Dprinting.
Tuesday, April 21
- If you have not already, read Hacker Culture Introduction, Chapter 1 & 2.
- As Jessica points out you can get the book thru JSTOR as long as you are on the SJU network (logged into the library).
- Keywords: subculture, War Games, Computer Worm, Hacker Manifesto
- Bring to class the three “Hacker Profiles” you worked on in class, also write your additional one “Hacker Profile.”
- Finally you should ask 10 people to describe what it means to be a “Hacker.” Ask them to give you ten words to describe a “hacker” also pick people from different demographic groups.
- The extra “hacker profile” and answers to the questions you ask 10 people you should add to your reading notes, and print out and bring to class with you.
- Print anytime during the week 9-4, or Friday morning.
- Keep in mind that you only have two weeks left of printing.
- Start working on the rough draft of your final paper. Remember the first draft is due on April 28th in class.