Tuesday, February 28th
– Listen to “The Trust Engineers” Radiolab Podcast
– Keywords: “The Word ‘It’s'” “Trust Engineers” “Facebook Lab Rats” nudge
– Questions: 1. What makes this type of research different from other social science research that went on before the era of the internet? and before Facebook was involved? 2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of this type of research, should we be concerned about it?
Thursday, March 2nd
– Read: “Carr Benkler Wager” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carr%E2%80%93Benkler_wager)
– Read: Nicholas, Carr, “Pay Up, Yochai Benkler”(http://www.roughtype.com/?p=1599)
– Read: Yochai Benkler “Carr-Benkler Wager Revisted”(https://blogs.law.harvard.edu/ybenkler/2012/05/07/on-the-carr-benkler-wager/)
– Keywords: Carr Benkler Wager, Peer Production, Price Incentivized, Professional Production
– Questions: Which side of this argument do you find more persuasive? If you had to declare a winner today which would it be? Do you think ten years from now this will be the same?
– Important: If you have a laptop bring it to class on this day. You will need it.
More on Josh if you want to see what Josh is up to since the movie was made.
– [On Psuedo](http://boingboing.net/2008/06/26/josh-harris-pseudo-w.html)
– [Where He is Now](http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ondi-timoner/where-is-josh-harris-now-_b_5715009.html) (This is the one with him in a boxing gym and a dive motel)
– [Kickstarter Project](https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mjluvvy/the-wired-city-an-internet-television-network)