Tuesday, February 6
You will also want to enroll in the gear check out system, so that you can checkout equipment over the course of the semester. To do so send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Account Information” before you go to rent equipment:
Name: (First and Last)
SJU Email: (Example: email@example.com)
Student ID Number: (Example: 10XXXXXX)
Majors and Minors: (Example: Communications major, English minor)
Phone Number: (Cell or Home, whichever is more convenient for contact)
Thursday, February 8: Paying Attention
Note: Class is Cancelled for Feb 8th as the University is closed. We will do the readings below next week on February 15th.
Your weekly posts are still due on Sunday by 11:00am.
Tuesday, January 30th
- This week you will begin writing for Hawk Chill.
- In addition to the 3 ideas you brought last week, produce 3 more solid ideas for stories and bring them to class on Monday. You should make sure these fit the topic your group is assigned for the week.
Thursday, February 1st
- “The Medium is the Message” -Marshall McLuhan
- For the McLuhan you should print it out, mark it up, and bring it with you to class. This is a difficult text and you should plan on reading it slowly and making notes.
- Reading Notes due Wed by noon.
- Keyterms: lightbulb, “technological idiot,”content, scale & pace
- Questions: Write a one paragraph summary of what you take McLuhan to be saying here. Than write a one paragraph summary of what you were confused by/found difficult to understand.
Extra: If you need it this is a good tutorial on posting in WordPress.
Thursday, January 18th
Read the following:
Make sure you get the book from either the bookstore or order it online.
Set up a google doc for class notes and share with me. Make the name of your document: Your Name + COM 200
In class we will use this article on the moon landing and this one on the internal combustion engine. But you don’t need to read it before class.
This is the course website. Here is where you get all the assignments, details, and resources for the course. At the top there are links to the syllabus, schedule of classes, and ongoing assignments.